6/13/2006

Republic of Kazakhstan Visa

We received the Visa's today right on schedule as the Assistant Stork promised. Now we will confirm travel dates and choose seats on the airplane. I called the pediatrician and checked on Christophers immunizations just as a precaution . He is all up to date. We will all avoid any non bottled water and under cooked food. I will see the doctor tomorrow to obtain some travel medication. I am hoping I can get some antibiotics to take along in case of the routiene illness's.
Now all that is left is the daunting task of packing. Deciding what to take and how much. I have been on the adoption web sights for advise. Its really hard to focus as I am in labor right now and I am not supposed to be lifting or anxious ect...
So the time line goes as follows.... Departure JFK 9:10 June 20.... arrive Almaty,Kazakhstan 11:45pm on June 21. Then we will be met by our coordinator and taken to an apt for a few hours sleep. Our flight will leave Almaty for Ust Kamenogorsk at 7:20am on June 22. This is a 2.5 hour flight. We'll be met at the airport in Ust Kamenogorsk and taken to another apt where we will stay for the remainder of our time in Ust. I believe we will then be taken to the baby house to meet our daughter. TO BE CONTINUED>>>>>>>>>

1 comment:

C Squared said...

My husband and I adopted from Ust last summer. We had the most wonderful experience while in Ust and of course since we returned home! I am really looking forward to following your journey from afar.

Sincerely,
Charlotte